The Joy of Home Distilling: The Ultimate Guide to Making Your Own Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Brandy, Moonshine, and More (Joy of Series) (Spiral Bound)
- Lifetime warranty
- Free shipping on orders $34.99+
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
When searching for the best cookbook for those learning how to distill, The Joy of Home Distilling is a great choice. The spiral bound version of The Joy of Home Distilling is great for those who really use and abuse their books. Our proprietary binding helps you lay this title flat for easier reading and handling. If you’re looking for distilling recipes then the spiral bound version of The Joy of Home Distilling is the way to go.
The Joy of Home Distilling covers nearly every facet of distilling:
- Step-by-step instructions for the different processes, from bucket to bottle
- The difference between spirit types and how to produce each
- What yeast is, what it does, and how to ensure that you get a strong, complete fermentation
- What distillation is and common misconceptions about the process
- Legalities surrounding distilling alcohol at home
- Carbon filtering—when it’s necessary, when to filter, and why you filter
- Flavoring and aging your spirits
- Keeping safety first when working with flammable materials, such as ethanol
- Yeast styles and nutritional requirements
- Different methods of distillation and equipment
- Post-distillation process
- And of course, fun drink recipes! (Try the Mudslide or the Cherry Bomb!)
Author Rick Morris, who has been selling distillation equipment for over 25 years, even includes his own recipes for different types of spirits and drink recipes. By learning not just how to distill, but also what is happening at each step and why it is needed, readers will be armed with the information they need to experiment with their own spirits and concoct their own recipes. Easy to understand even for a first-time distiller, The Joy of Home Distilling is sure to become your number one distilling resource.
Shipping is free for all orders shipped within the United States for orders $34.99 and over. All other orders have a nominal fee of $3.99 unless customers choose faster delivery via FedEx 2-Day for $9.99.
Orders are processed Monday-Friday in the order that they are received. Typically, orders ship out within 1-2 business days.