The Perfect Loaf: The Craft and Science of Sourdough Breads, Sweets, and More (Spiral Bound)
- Lifetime warranty
- Free shipping on orders $34.99+
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Recipes cover flavorful, crowd-pleasing favorites:
- Essential freeform loaves: Simple Sourdough, Rosemary & Olive Oil, Extra-Sour Sourdough, Cranberry & Walnut, Demi Baguettes
- Pan loaves: Everyday Sandwich Bread, Naturally Leavened Brioche, German Whole Rye, Honey Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- Pizza and flatbread: Roman-Style Pan Pizza, Focaccia, Naan, Flour Tortillas, Pita
- Buns, rolls, and more: Soft Dinner Rolls, Potato Buns, Ciabatta Rolls, English Muffins, Bagels
- Sweets: Weekend Cinnamon Rolls, Italian Doughnuts, Summer Fruit Sourdough Crostata, Banana Bread, Cinnamon Babka
Beginner bakers will have their hands held the entire way, with troubleshooting sections and numerous sidebars answering almost every question they may have—like how to store a sourdough starter long-term, how bakers’ percentages actually work, and a visual guide to common “bread fails” and how to remedy them. Seasoned bakers will relish deep dives into the science behind baking processes and expert information on how to build their “baker’s intuition” and level up by experimenting with hydration, ingredient ratios, freshly milled grains, and specialty flours. Whether you're new to bread baking or a pro, The Perfect Loaf will be your indispensable guide in the kitchen.
- Publisher : Clarkson Potter (November 8, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 432 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0593138414
- ISBN-13 : 978-0593138410
- Item Weight : 4.45 pounds
- Dimensions : 9.39 x 1.35 x 10.52 inches
Shipping is free for all orders shipped within the United States for orders $34.99 and over. All other orders have a nominal fee of $3.99 unless customers choose faster delivery via FedEx 2-Day for $9.99.
Orders are processed Monday-Friday in the order that they are received. Typically, orders ship out within 1-2 business days.
A beautiful book. I will enjoy it for many years I know.